Are you a talented individual looking for your next profession within a large progressive & healthcare team?
Sodexo is seeking a Biomedical Equipment Technician II for PIH Health Whittier Hospital located in Whittier, CA.
Is this opportunity right for you?
PIH Health Whittier Hospital was founded in 1959 by community members who needed quality healthcare services close to home. The 523-bed hospital has grown into a healthcare system that serves residents of Los Angeles County, Orange County, and the San Gabriel Valley region. In addition to the hospital, the Whittier campus is home to the Washington and Wells Medical Office Buildings, a community pharmacy, an outpatient surgery center, and the Patricia L. Scheifly Breast Health Center.
Working in Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) for Sodexo, you will partner with our Healthcare clients to manage their clinical technology needs. Together, we provide leadership and expertise for their business, patients, residents, and the staff who care for them. At Sodexo, we improve the Quality of Life of all those we serve. We are looking for a positive and motivated technician to join our team.
Position Summary for BMET II:
Under direct supervision this position will, troubleshoots, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates a basic range of clinical equipment, devices, systems, and instruments. Provides customer relations and resolves equipment service problems by ensuring that clinical capability is restored as quickly as possible. Maintains communication with customers regarding the status of equipment repairs. The role will focus on customer needs and ensuring all HTM related functions are completed in a quality and timely manner to include medical device preventive and corrective maintenance and other related matters. Participates in and conducts on-the job training programs regarding technical, administrative, and customer service requirements.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience repairing, maintaining, and calibrating medical devices independently.
- General Biomed as well as Patient Monitoring Systems, Telemetry, Pumps, ICU, Cardiology, and OR experience would be preferred.
- Experience in a hospital or healthcare setting.
- The ability to make decisions regarding troubleshooting and repairing medical devices.
- Excellent communication, customer service and time management skills.
Core Competencies Needed for Biomedical Equipment Technician II:
- Experience (3+ years of BMET experience in a healthcare setting)
- Knowledge of Electronics
- Proactive thinking skills to troubleshoot
- Strong customer service skills: ability to provide world class service to healthcare customers.
- Candidate must be flexible driving to other campus locations to provide support.
- Competent and professional with oral and written communication
- Safety, Teamwork, & Customer Service.
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to analyze, repair, and test electronic and electromechanical equipment.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance inspections.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and illustrated parts drawings of biomedical instrumentation.
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of the application and repair of computers and servers and how they interface with medical equipment.
- Knowledge of color code conventions used in component and wiring marking.
- Ability to maintain accurate records of repairs, calibration, and tests.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology as applied to use of biomedical equipment.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of electronic equipment and its operation, repair, and maintenance.
- Individual will work under supervision of Account Manager or Clinical Engineer and Clinical Engineering Supervisor.
- Typical physical demands are required to perform the work, such as ability to lift of to 50 lbs. of equipment; to push/pull equipment carts; and to kneel, stand, bend, and reach during equipment repair.
- Good working conditions. Possible hazards include exposure to electrical shock, ionizing radiation, chemicals and chemical fumes, high-pressure air, infectious disease, and various other hazards associated with biomedical engineering work.
- Protective clothing and safe work practices are required.
Scope of Impact:
- Provides training and support to other technicians as needed
- Decisions are moderate in nature, impacting project schedules. Errors are detected and corrected with relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships.
- May require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Working in Healthcare Technology Management for Sodexo, you will partner with our Healthcare clients to manage their clinical technology needs. Together, we provide leadership and expertise for their business, patients, residents, and the staff who care for them. At Sodexo, we improve the Quality of Life of all those we serve. If you share these values, apply today!
Please learn more about PIH Health at:
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal, and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we have HTM positions at numerous client locations across the United States. Continue your search for HTM jobs
What We Offer
Sodexo offers fair and equitable compensation, partially determined by a candidate’s education level or years of relevant experience. While the budgeted range for the position is posted, Sodexo salary offers are based on a candidate’s specific criteria, like experience, skills, education and training.
Troubleshoots, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates a comprehensive range of clinical equipment, devices, systems and instruments.
-Inspect, maintain, repair and calibrate equipment and systems
-Ensures regulatory compliance
-Provides advanced support of equipment for direct patient care
-Interacts on a routine basis with clinical health providers in the identification of technology based problems and solutions
-Solves organization-level customer service issues and complaints
-Preparing required documentation and reports
-Demonstrates a safety mindset
-Financial responsibility for purchasing parts and service
-Develops staff by teaching and mentoring others
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associates Degree (or equivalent experience) in electronic, biomedical engineering or a discipline geared toward managing maintaining and repairing clinical equipment within a healthcare environment
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years of experience in electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical repair in a health care technology setting
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.