JOB NUMBER: Y1921M
Advantage Biomedical Services (ABS) is seeking to hire a well-qualified Full-Time Biomedical Technician in San Francisco, Bay Area, California.
Job Title: Biomedical Equipment Technician
Company: Advantage Biomedical Services, Inc
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Founded in February of 2010, Advantage Biomedical Services (ABS) is a trusted source for Medical and Laboratory Equipment Services and Solutions. ABS offers professional Biomedical Engineering services, Clinical Engineering Solutions, and high quality refurbished and pre-owned medical and laboratory equipment.Based in California, ABS for many years has been providing professional biomedical and clinical engineering services and support to private and government healthcare, biotechnology and laboratory facilities, serving the entire state of California. We are a privately-owned company with well-established credentials and experience in all aspects of biomedical and clinical engineering services.
Our Services are specifically tailored to meet the needs of Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Doctors and Clinics, Physical Therapy, Ambulance Transportation Providers, Fire Departments, Veterinary Hospitals, Nursing Homes and more.
What makes ABS so different is that our passion lays in excellence through customer care and satisfaction. We are a local biomedical service company, which enables us to be flexible in order to fit within our clients’ busy work schedules and to respond to their service calls 24/7.
VALUES THAT MATTER TO US
ABS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
ABS believes in exhibiting professionalism as we deal with the concerns, orders and the demands of our clients. We do everything in our capacity to achieve clients’ expectations and more. From pricing, service order requests fulfillment and all the way to consultation, and technical support, we practice the core values of duty, honor and excellence in customer care.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB OPPORTUNITY
This is a Full-Time, flexible hours, position that reports to the Director of Clinical Engineering Services and is characterized by performing preventative maintenance, calibration, safety inspection and repairs on a variety of medical diagnostic and patient care electronic equipment in hospitals, outpatient healthcare facilities and ambulatory surgical centers. The position requires 20% long-distance and 50% short-distance travelling, and 30% in the shop performances.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains, repairs, tests, configures and sets up medical electronic equipment such as defibrillators, vital sign monitors, electrocardiographs, electroencephalographs, electrosurgical units, pulse oximeters, and physiological monitoring, ultrasound, and therapeutic equipment.
- Maintains, repairs, tests, configures and sets up imaging equipment including X-Ray, Fluoroscopy, CT, Ultrasound and Anesthesia Machines.
- Maintains, repairs, tests, configures and sets up electro-mechanical devices such as blood pressure measuring equipment, and infusion, syringe pumps, and suction.
- Maintains and repairs laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, microscopes, and slide strainers.
- Maintains and repairs other patient-related electronic or electro-mechanical equipment.
- Operates and uses a variety of electronic test equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, electrical safety analyzers, defibrillator analyzers, electrocardiograph simulators, electrosurgical analyzers, patient vital sign simulators, blood pressure analyzers, pulse oximeter analyzers, temperature simulators, frequency counters, equipment testing, maintenance, and calibration software and medical equipment inventory management software.
- Inspects electrical and electronic equipment in patient and non-patient care areas, and performs grounding and leakage tests to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Maintains and services HEPA Filter(s)in the clinics following all applicable manufacturer and CDC standards and regulations for servicing and filter replacement procedures.
- Tests, troubleshoots, and repairs equipment interconnection wiring and cabling.
- Demonstrates and explains the correct operation of equipment.
- Assist with requisitions and ordering parts and supplies as needed.
- Assist with keeping time, material, and service records.
- An Associate of Science degree* from an accredited institution, in Biomedical Equipment Technology, Electronics Technology, or a directly related field; or, equivalent military training.
- Certificate of Biomedical Equipment Technology from the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) is preferred, but not required.
- Two (2) years of experience in the maintenance and repair of medical and patient care electronic equipment.
- The candidate must possess the required knowledge, skills, and training to perform a full range and diversity of work independently and reliably. Positions at this level operate with fairly significant freedom from day-to-day supervision and need little or no guidance on such matters as selecting appropriate problem-solving methods and techniques, locating appropriate regulations, or applying proper procedures to carry out work.
- Drug-free and clear criminal background. Background check and drug screening will be conducted prior to employment.
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
Physical Class III – Moderate
Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighting over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.
Vision: Vision and color perception must be adequate to effectively and safely perform essential job-related functions.
• Valid California Driving License.
• Certificate of Biomedical Equipment Technology.
• Experience with computerized medical equipment management software.
• Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Please send your resume to the email address listed below:
Yahya Ghazanfar, Director of Clinical Engineering Services