RENOVO SOLUTIONS: Our vision is to be a leading provider of Healthcare Asset Management Services and Life Science Asset Management Service, providing innovative services and effective solutions to the evolving challenges of modern medical equipment.
To achieve this vision our mission is to foster a supportive work environment that encourages employees to achieve their potential in ways that serve the needs of our customers, suppliers, and each other.
At RENOVO, we value knowledge, reliability, and integrity in our employees. If you are interested in being a part of a team that is committed to making a difference in healthcare equipment maintenance and healthcare asset and technology management, we invite you to apply for one of the open positions. We are always looking for talented, passionate, hard-working people to join our team. Our employees are not afraid to speak their mind, to try new things, and to wear multiple hats. Our people are empowered to help our customers. We foster teamwork and cooperation, and always promote a “customer first” philosophy. We uphold this standard with our associates, clients, partners, and the communities in which we do business. We live by our company’s Five Guiding Principles, which we have termed TRUST:
- Treateach other with care, kindness and respect.
- Respectour associates’ responsibility of putting family first.
- Upholdthe highest standards of excellence in all we do.
- Shareour success with our associates, clients, partners and community.
- Treasureour people and promote from within.
Location: Chico, CA
A RENOVO Account Director is a high-level leader and may function as a client’s Director of Biomedical or Clinical Engineering. The Account Director is the primary contact for hospital leadership for all things related to the facility Medical Equipment Maintenance Program. This individual directs the operational activities of the department including staffing, procurement, delivery of biomedical equipment, service and regulatory compliance. The RENOVO Account Director is considered a subject matter expert in medical device technology, security and industry best practices and is often called upon to provide consultative recommendations contributing to strategic and financial decisions for the client. The RENOVO Account Director is a key member of many inter-hospital committees such as life safety, environment of care, risk management, capital acquisition, and budgeting. In addition, this individual may be involved in projects concerning new equipment purchases, installations or upgrades; new construction and expansions. The RENOVO Account Director is the highest account-based RENOVO manager, and considered a leader within RENOVO and the organizations they support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of the Biomedical Engineering department and resident staff technicians and specialists
- Creates and assigns monthly scheduled maintenance workload, tracks work throughout the month, and provides accurate monthly reporting to facility leadership
- Approves resident staff expenses, PTO requests and timecards
- Monitors service repair activities completed by resident staff technicians, field service technicians, and vendor/manufacturer technicians while onsite
- Mandates complete and accurate medical equipment inventory of ALL biomedical devices; ensures that all service documentation is completed in a concise, standardized fashion
- Ensures that all RENOVO and facility performance indicators are met
- Ensures that all purchase orders and requests for parts are completed without undue delay
- Prioritizes balance of service repair and scheduled maintenance workload
- Works with RENOVO Clinical Engineering staff to perform annual program quality audits; follows up on findings to ensure survey readiness
- Meets with hospital department leadership frequently to discuss needs and opportunities of each department
- Develops relationship with Hospital senior leadership and C-Suite personnel
- Communicates with key hospital leadership through participation on various committees
- Plays a key role in planning, evaluation, acquisition, service and disposal of biomedical equipment
- Assists in education of proper usage and in-servicing of biomedical equipment to end users
- Takes the lead on projects regarding biomedical equipment and network integration of medical devices
- Evaluates and reviews service contract information to make sure that the needs and goals of the healthcare organization are met
- Monitors and tracks medical device recalls and safety alerts; follows up to make sure that appropriate action is taken
- Addresses customer and employee issues in a timely manner, escalates to the RENOVO District Manager as necessary
- Provides resources to participate in the investigation of medical device related incidents
- Maintains all facility assigned test equipment to the original manufacturers requirements; responsible for annual calibration of assigned equipment including acquiring and filing the appropriate documentation
- Works with the District Manager to drive the Integrated Systems Management program including scheduling and attending meetings with Hospital IT personnel
- Reviews policies and procedures annually; provides feedback and updates to the plans as needed
- Completes on-boarding and RENOVO orientation for new employees
- Responsible for making sure that the Hospital HR department requirements are met for each resident employee; appropriate documentation filed for reference as needed
- Drives training and education of biomedical internship technicians and apprentices
- Motivates and leads the team by setting annual goals for each technician and the department, monitors and tracks throughout the year, provides feedback for improvement
- Assists the customer in developing annual operating budgets for their associated cost center
- Forecasts capital equipment needs by managing the overall equipment lifecycle process
- Serves on hospital committees as a subject matter expert on healthcare technology management, and the standards and regulations that govern the maintenance of medical equipment
- Provides guidance with medical equipment technology assessments, capital purchasing, equipment safety and accountability for managing total cost o biomedical equipment ownership
- Proactively engages biomedical equipment organizations, peer institutions and manufacturers as parts of a comprehensive quality improvement program
- Performs other duties as assigned**
- Possesses a working of electromechanical devices and principles, as well as a high-level understanding of general patient care equipment and can demonstrate the usage of supported devices
- Extensive understanding of life-support and diagnostic support devices and their usage within the healthcare setting.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory accrediting agencies and survey processes
- Subject matter expert on the Medical Equipment Management Program and the required policies and procedures within
- Familiarity with Hospital HIPAA policies and procedures
- Knowledge of and experience with UL, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), National Electrical Code (NEC), International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) and other national and international technical standards
- Highly skilled in strategic planning, project management, change management and program evaluation
- Accountability – takes ownership of assigned work and responsibilities, follows through and closes the loop
- Communication – clearly expresses thoughts and ideas both in written and verbal communications, provides timely information; makes sure that the needs of the customer are met
- Integrity – Can admit mistakes, is direct and truthful
- Customer Service – demonstrates a “customer-first” mentality, focused on meeting the needs of customers and captures feedback to make improvements
- Priority Setting – Prioritizes assigned schedules and workload
- Knowledge – Advanced understanding of general and life-support patient care devices and certain diagnostic equipment and how they are used within the facility
- Team Building – Mentors newer technicians, facilitates clear communication amongst the team, demonstrates care and respect for co-workers and colleagues, drives employee success through the RENOVO Performance Management program
- Supervision – Manages the staff and day-to-day workload of the department
- Regulatory – knows the various accrediting agencies (TJC, DNV, CAP, DOH) and how the Medical Equipment Management Plan complies
- Giving Feedback – Provides constructive feedback towards department goals and activities, helps to foster growth within the team
- Financial Acumen – Considers financial impact of all decisions as they pertain to both RENOVO and the healthcare organization
- Analytical –Can analyze data and present findings to support strategic and financial decisions.
- Culture – promotes the RENOVO culture and the culture of the healthcare facility
- Mechanically inclined – technical skills and abilities to figure out how things work
- Self-motivated – can work on their own or under limited direction to complete assigned work
- Open-minded – Willing to listen to opinions and criticism, can switch directions quickly
- Agility – Can perform tasks in a safe, timely manner
- Improvement – willing to learn and grow, wants to update job skills for career growth
- Confidence – Self-reliant decision maker that doesn’t second guess decisions
- Multi-tasker – Is organized and efficient, handles multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
- Professional – Looks, speaks, and acts in a professional manner
- Results Driven –Is focused on results and outcomes, is goal oriented
- Forward Thinking – Focused on the bigger picture; never satisfied with the status quo
- Humility – Has a sense of humor, is humble, and has the ability to handle stressful situations, not afraid to request help
- Bachelor’s Degree, or other higher level of education pertaining to this job description preferred
- CBET, CHTM, CCE or similar preferred
Required Work Hours
Forty hours per week during daytime and evening hours. Scheduled work hours may change. Overtime may be required or permitted with prior approval. This position may be included in the on-call rotation for the facility.
Reporting and Supervisory Responsibilities
- The Account Director reports to – VP Operations
- This position has supervisory responsibilities of the resident staff technicians
The Account Director must be able to speak, hear, see, read, write, type, dial, reach, and bend. Lift 50 lbs.
Travel will not be required for this position, unless otherwise specified. Rarely, if any travel, including airline travel and overnight stays, may be requested.
Understand and observe company policies and procedures.
Utilize teamwork in your daily activity and insure customer satisfaction.
- Housekeeping – Maintain a clean, orderly appearance of all work areas.
- Personal appearance – Must observe company dress code at all times and must have good personal hygiene.
- Maintain all RENOVO owned equipment including tools, test equipment, computers, and others as specified in proper working condition and ensure annual calibration where appropriate.
RENOVO Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RENOVO Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
RENOVO Solutions expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of RENOVO’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.