Precise. Reliable. Powerful. Join a team as innovative as the technology we manage.
Sodexo’s growing Healthcare Technology Management Division is seeking solution-oriented candidates who excel at customer service with a proven success as an experienced Biomedical Equipment Technician II to support Healthcare Technology field service for the Southern California area. The main role / responsibilities of the position will be to ensure all related biomedical equipment is maintained in a quality and timely manner.
The ideal candidate will have outstanding customer service and communications skill as well as a strong technical skills and commitment to deliver excellent repair service in an expedient manner.
Under supervision of the Account Manager/Site Supervisor and other senior technicians, inspects, repairs, maintains and calibrates a comprehensive range of clinical equipment, devices, systems, and instruments. A BMET II possesses the ability to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain a broad range of clinical inventory devices. Participates in and conducts on-the job training programs regarding technical, administrative, and customer service requirements.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience effectively repairing, maintaining and calibrating clinical devices such as: Phillips Patient Monitoring Systems, Alaris pumps, and ventilators. (not all are required).
- Experience in a hospital or healthcare setting.
- The ability to make decisions regarding troubleshooting and repairing medical devices.
- Excellent communication, customer service and time management skills.
Typical Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to analyze, repair, and test electronic and electromechanical equipment.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance inspections.
- Ability to interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and illustrated parts drawings of biomedical instrumentation.
- Knowledge of current regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of the application and repair of computers and servers and how they interface with medical equipment.
- Knowledge of color code conventions used in component and wiring marking.
- Ability to maintain accurate records of repairs, calibration, and tests.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology as applied to use of biomedical equipment.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of electronic equipment and its operation, repair, and maintenance.
- Individual will work under supervision of Account Manager or Clinical Engineer and Clinical Engineering Supervisor.
- Typical physical demands are required to perform the work, such as ability to lift of to 50 lbs. of equipment; to push/pull equipment carts; and to kneel, stand, bend, and reach during equipment repair.
- Generally good working conditions. Possible hazards include exposure to electrical shock, ionizing radiation, chemicals and chemical fumes, high-pressure air, infectious disease, and various other hazards associated with biomedical engineering work.
- Protective clothing and safe work practices are required.
Scope of Impact:
- Provides training and support to other technicians as needed
- Decisions are moderate in nature, impacting project schedules. Errors are detected and corrected with relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships.
- May require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
Is this opportunity right for you?
Working in Healthcare Technology Management for Sodexo, you will partner with our Healthcare clients to manage their clinical technology needs. Together, we provide leadership and expertise for their business, patients, residents, and the staff who care for them. At Sodexo, we improve the Quality of Life of all those we serve. If you share these values, apply today!
Sodexo offers a full array of benefits including paid time off, holidays, medical, dental, vision, 401K and access to ongoing training and development programs, tuition reimbursement, plus health and wellness programs.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment at Sodexo, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we have HTM positions at numerous client locations across the United States. Continue your search for HTM jobs