UC Davis Medical Center
Medical Equipment Planner
Salary Range: $6,150.00 to $12,991.67 Monthly
Final Filing Date: 04/27/2021
The primary role of this position is to manage both Clinical Engineering and Facilities projects. This includes planning, acquisition and installation of Medical Equipment for capital improvement and expense construction projects of the largest scope and complexity and large-scale clinical device upgrades and replacements. The Senior Medical Equipment Project Manager manages multiple projects at the same time with equipment budgets that can exceed $10 million dollars individually and $50 million in aggregate. Projects at this level have prominent significance within the campus, require CSuite budgetary approval and involve complex coordination with client groups and multiple high-level design and engineering professionals. The Senior Medical Equipment Project Manager coordinates and directs medical equipment projects from early planning through design and from construction to closeout with minimal supervision by other and is considered the technical leader for the department on medical equipment for our projects. May act as supervisor for lower level Medical Equipment Planners. This position will also act as a liaison between Clinical Engineering, IT, FD&C and all Custome rDepartments for Medical Center Hospital and Clinical Operations to ensure thegoals of these departments and the specified equipment required to support those goals are carefullyconsidering during the planning, design and construction of projects with a focus on operational efficiency, patient satisfaction and quality of care.
- Advanced knowledge of the operational needs of Clinical Engineering, Patient Care Services, Nurse Management, Outpatient Clinics, Radiology, Specialty Clinics and related support Staff to provide a work environment that supports the advancement of health care practice and the highest quality of patient care.
- Extensive experience in healthcare and a detailed understanding of highly technical medical equipment utilized within a hospital or clinical setting and familiarity with Hospital Equipment standards.
- Experience and/or skill to write detailed specifications for specialized highly technical and/or customized equipment, and the contractual scope of related service agreements.
- Experience and/or skill to read and review construction documents and schedules and work with design professionals and contractors to coordinate deliveries, move in and installation of medical equipment.
- Experience and/or skill to gather quotes from vendors and develop medical equipment budgets using vendor contacts and system-wide purchasing databases like Vizient for large and complicated projects with equipment budgets that could exceed $10 million dollars.
- Leadership experience and/or skill.
- Thorough knowledge of standard procurement procedures, contract service negotiation and vendors that supply medical equipment and support services.
- Familiarity with UC policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations that impact the procurement process. Familiarity with special Funding Agency requirements that stipulate special procedures for purchases and documentation of those purchases.
- Experience and/or skill to respond to project and program deadlines and emergency situations. Skill to weigh all available information under pressure to arrive at a logical conclusion, displaying a readiness to make decisions. Skill to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work schedule to ensure success on assigned projects.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills to conduct complex quantitative and qualitative analyses utilizing spreadsheet tools like Excel.
- Experience and/or skill to prepare and maintain fully documented files which reflect a thorough summary of transactions, deadlines, issues, and decision making which meet with established policies and procedures and University requirements.
- Customer relations and interpersonal skills sufficient to relate to diverse personalities at all levels while operating in a strong services-oriented environment.
- Willingness to work occasional non-standard work hours including nights and weekends, as required by project schedules.
- Incumbent must travel to the UCD/UCDHS facilities and vendor locations on department/personnel Business.
- Participate in the DMV Pull Notice.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Job ID #16496
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer