UC Davis Medical Center
Radiology Equipment Specialist
Salary Range: $53.00 to $68.57 Hourly
Final Filing Date: 04/26/2021
This position is responsible for performing repair and maintenance on complex, very high cost medical imaging systems, including but not limited to: Computerized Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance (MR), Diagnostic Radiography (Analog and Digital), Angiography, Mammography, Fluoroscopy, Special Procedure imaging, Portable X-Ray machines, C-Arms, Cardiac Catherization imaging equipment, OR based imaging equipment including cardiac Cath systems (OR 45), interventional Radiography Equipment, Nuclear Medicine Gamma Cameras and other highly complex/high cost imaging systems and devices, as well as associated interfaces and ancillary subsystems/equipment.
- Electronic technician skills including electronic troubleshooting, systems troubleshooting, ability to read electronic schematics, perform electronic and electromechanical repair.
- Due to critical nature of medical imaging equipment (very high costs mandate very careful uptime/downtime management) Prior completion of at least one factory-based training class on a primary assigned system is required.
- Working knowledge of computerized Cardiac Cath/Angio, Nuc-Med and CT and or MR knowledge and experience.
- High level of x-ray and other medical imaging system equipment repair knowledge.
- Knowledge of computers, networking as they apply to medical imaging systems and integration (e.g. DICOM)
- Knowledge of physiology and anatomy sufficient to understand the function of complex medical imaging devices.
- Ability to communicate with staff and vendors regarding equipment issues with both verbal and written communication methods.
- Valid California Driver License.
- Work hours: Variable: 40 Hrs./week, day and evening hours.
- May be required to be regularly scheduled for evening hours and one weekend day or evening shift per week.
- Required to be available on a paid standby basis for emergency repair calls 24×7 (i.e. days, nights, weekends & holidays, on a rotational basis. Willing to work overtime for special projects and emergency repairs.
Incumbents at this level are BMET certification eligible and specialty certification eligible.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Job ID #16494
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer