This award will be presented at the annual CMIA state banquet to an individual who has given personally and professionally to the field of Biomedical / Clinical Engineering as well as to their local community. The winner will receive a CMIA Professional of the Year plaque plus a $1,000.00 award, recognition at the annual CMIA state banquet, recognition in the CMIA Newsletters and website, a letter to the CEO of the winner’s organization, recognition in various professional publications, and automatic nomination for the appropriate AAMI award(s).
We are looking for individuals who have made significant contributions in Professional Achievement, the Local Community and the Biomedical Community. This recognition is given to the CMIA member that meets the criteria listed below.
- The application process is now 100% online.
- You will be able to start the application form and save your progress.
- The nominee must be a CMIA (Individual) member in good standing. Current CMIA Board Members are not eligible.
- Along with the standard personal/contact information of the nominee, you will also require:
- A letter of nomination in PDF or DOC format that states the reason and provides a comprehensive explanation of why this individual is being nominated.
- A resume or a summary of achievements of the individual being nominated, in PDF or DOC format.
- Any additional letters of support, in PDF or DOC format – not exceeding two pages.
All entries must be received no later than November 25th.
All completed applications will be reviewed after the deadline date. CMIA Executive Board members and the previous year’s winner will score the individual submissions of each element on a scale of 1 (low) – 5 (high) and sum the scores. Highest score wins. In the event of a tie, the Chairperson of CMIA will cast a tie-breaking vote. A minimum score is necessary for the award to be presented. The winner will be notified.
The CMIA gratefully recognizes Welch Allyn Inc. for their outstanding generosity in support of this award.